Educational Benefits Form

  • Omaha Public Schools provides healthy meals to students at no cost through the Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) and the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA).  

    All students will continue to receive breakfast and lunch at no cost through the 2024-25 school year. The Community Eligibility Provision removes the need for families to fill out an application to receive breakfast and lunch. A new Educational Benefits Form will be available beginning in the 2022-23 school year. It allows eligible families to access additional benefits in our schools and community. The Educational Benefits Form can be filled out online or at your child's school. 

    Benefits may include: 

    • Activity card - free student activity card
    • Internet access- discounted home internet services
    • Academic testing- discounted or waived fees for SAT, PSAT, ACT, AP courses and more
    • College and postsecondary - waived or reduced application and course fees, scholarship access
    • Enrichment opportunities- access to career, internship and other community programs

Educational Benefits Form (EBF) Questions and Answers

  • Why should our household complete an Educational Benefits Form (EBF) since meals are no-cost?

  • Who is eligible for additional benefits?

  • Who should fill out an Educational Benefits Form (EBF)?

  • Do I need to fill out a form for each child?

  • Will the information I give be checked or verified?

  • How will I be notified if my students are eligible for educational benefits?

  • I completed an Educational Benefits Form last year. Do I need to fill out another form this school year?

  • Can I fill out the Educational Benefits Form online?

  • May I reapply if my income changes or is not always the same?

  • What if some household members have no income to report?

  • What if my income is not always the same?

  • We are in the military. Do we report our income differently?

  • Who should I include as members of my household?

  • My family needs more help. Are there other programs we might apply for?