Our district works proactively to make the best decision possible when winter weather or emergencies require us to adjust our regular learning routines.
Our toolkit of alternatives includes the following options:
- Remote Learning Day
- School Closure (no remote learning, schools are closed and district offices remain open)
- District Closure (no remote learning, schools and district offices are closed)
- Late Start (two-hour delay)
- Early Release (two-hour early dismissal)
On a Remote Learning Day, students will use their district iPad to work with teachers and classmates online. Students should bring their iPad home each day and make sure it is charged.
- Elementary students will begin at 9 a.m. with check-in followed by classes through 10 a.m. Teachers will be available to answer questions on TEAMS from 10 to 11 a.m.
- Middle and high school students will begin at 9:10 a.m. with check-in followed by a shortened class schedule. Classes end at 11:05 a.m., and teachers will be available to answer questions on TEAMS until noon.
Whenever possible, our district will announce changes to a daily routine the night before. However, we know weather conditions and other emergencies can develop rapidly and a decision the morning of a school day may be necessary. When that happens, we will communicate as early as possible in the morning.
We will follow our communication routines. If weather, power outages or other circumstances force a change to our normal day, we will communicate directly with all staff and families. That communication will be through email, text message and phone call. Families should ensure their contact information is current in Infinite Campus. We will also share the information on our website and through local media.