Elementary Gifted and Talented
Elementary Gifted and Talented staff use strategies to teach students to make personal connections with their learning and become lifelong learners.
Our framework is designed for students to...
- expand their knowledge
- form a problem-solving mindset
- communicate with others and
- develop social/emotional growth
Elementary students also expand their ability to use, interpret and evaluate research.
Habits of Mind
Habits are traits successful people demonstrate and continually develop. These habits are an important part of our curriculum. Staff blend these 16 life skills in the curriculum to assist in students' development.
- Finding humor
- Managing impulsivity
- Creating, imagining and innovating
- Thinking and communicating with clarity and precision
- Thinking interdependently
- Listening with empathy and understanding
- Gathering data through senses
- Taking responsible risks
- Applying past knowledge to new situations
- Questioning and posing problems
- Remaining open to continuous learning
- Striving for accuracy
- Thinking flexibly
- Responding with wonderment and awe
- Thinking about thinking (metacognition)