UNMC Health Alliance
Who: Any OPS student
What: A half-day program (afternoon) that allows students to explore careers relating to healthcare sciences through many authentic healthcare pathways at UNMC Campus. Credits earned count towards high school graduation as honors classes.
Where: UNMC Main Campus, 42nd & Emile Street. Transportation is the student’s responsibility – NO transportation is provided to or from UNMC by Omaha Public Schools.
Eligibility– You MUST:
- Be a junior or senior and at least 16 years of age at the beginning of the school year.
- Have completed and received a grade of “B” or above in Algebra 1, Biology, a physical science course, and a third year of science.
- Obtain parent/guardian permission
- Be on track for graduation
- Complete an in-person interview.
Completed applications must contain the following:
- Essay = a 250 essay describing your reasons for pursuing the UNMC Alliance and your interest in a health science career
- Application form
- Parent/Guardian permission
- Copies of your most current school transcripts (see high school counselor)
- Counselor’s Certification Form (Home High School and/or Career Center Counselor)
- Two (2) references – 1 math/science teacher and 1 from any other teacher/administrator
More information available from UNMC.