Academic Coaching & Tutoring
Benson offers several tutoring options for students who are in need of assistance. Students can attend tutoring Tuesday-Friday during L.E.A.D. from 9:14-9:43. They can also attend after school or access the OPS Online Tutoring Services through Paper. Paper is an online tutoring program that students can access from their iPads.
L.E.A.D. Tutoring Options
- Bunny Graphix/Design Tutoring (B Days Only): Room 001 Teacher: Guelden
- English Tutoring : Room 233 Teacher: Callahan
- ESL Tutoring : Room 220 Teacher: Garrett
- Chemistry Tutoring : Room 242 Teachers: Devlin/Lobato-Darias
- Personal Finance Tutoring: Room 150 Teacher: Ruis
- Science Tutoring: Room 244 Teacher: Ignowski
- Math Tutoring
- Room 227 Teacher: Steele
- Room 142 Teacher: Leise
- Room 206 (Freshmen) Teacher: Lawson
EL Tutoring Options
- L.E.A.D Tutoring: Room 226 Teacher: Hoarty
- After School Tutoring: Library on Tuesdays and Thursdays after school from 3:15-4:15 pm. You must sign in when you arrive and should be in the library before 3:15 pm, unless you have a pass from a teacher or coach.
Online Tutoring Options
We are partnering with Paper for online tutoring services for students and families.
Through online tutoring with Paper, students in grades 3-12 have access to:
- 1:1 live chat tutoring sessions with experts
- Support in 200 subjects
- Available in English, Spanish, French and Mandarin
- Expert review of written work (essays, creative writing, poetry, lab reports)
- Hundreds of resources and activities for families to support students at home
- Interactive shows and activities to expand learning beyond the classroom
Students can access online tutoring seven days a week via the Clever dashboard on their iPad until 11 p.m. Best of all, there is no cost for students or families. This is one of many ways Omaha Public Schools is using federal Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief (ESSER) funds for student achievement.