Title 1 Information
Parent Right To Know Clause
At the beginning of the school year, any District that accepts Title I, Part A funding must notify parents that they can request information regarding their child’s teacher and his/her qualifications, including certification and endorsements. Parents can also request information about paraprofessionals working with their children.
Title 1 School-Parent Compact
There’s no place like Benson School-Parent-Student Compact Title I Program This Title I School-Parent Compact has been jointly developed with parents and outlines how parents, the entire school staff, and students will share the responsibility for improved student academic achievement and the means by which the school and parents will build and develop a partnership to help children achieve the State’s high academic standards. At the annual parent-teacher conferences, the compact shall be discussed as it relates to the individual child’s achievement.
It is important that students achieve. We will:
1. Provide high-quality curriculum and instruction in a supportive and effective learning environment to enable children to meet the challenging state academic achievement standards.
2. Regularly communicate with parents on their child’s progress.
3. Demonstrate professional behavior and positive attitude.
Parent / Caring Adult:
I want my child to achieve; therefore, I will encourage him/her by doing the following:
1. Communicate and work with teachers and school staff on an ongoing basis to be involved and support my child’s learning.
2. Support your child’s learning—volunteer in their classroom; participate, as appropriate, in decisions related to their education, guide positive use of extracurricular time.
3. Make sure my child is at school every day and on time, unless he/she is ill.
4. Provide a quiet place and time to do schoolwork and encourage my child to complete schoolwork.
I know my education is important to me. It is important that I work to the best of my ability. I agree to do the following:
1. Be at school every day and on time unless I am sick.
2. Come to school each day prepared with supplies and an attitude to learn.
3. Be responsible for my own behavior.
4. Respect and cooperate with other students and adults.
5. Return completed schoolwork on time.
6. Attend after school tutoring if start to fall behind in classes.