Blue and Gold Academic Award
Students may earn an academic letter at the Blue and Gold ceremony held each spring by earning at least a 3.5 cumulative GPA or higher in their 3rd, 5th, and 7th semesters or through excellent academic achievementin the Alternative Curriculum Program. Students are presented a letter for their first recognition and earn a pin for each subsequent year in which they meet the requirements.
To be eligible for the honor roll, each student must:
- Maintain a 3.0 minimum grade point average
- Be enrolled in four (4) or more courses
- Not receive an “F” in any current semester course
The levels of Honor Rolls are:
- Viking Golden Achievement (3.00 - 3.49)
- Viking Medallion Honor (3.50 - 3.99)
- Viking Honor (4.00 and above)
National Honor Society
The National Honor Society shall consist of eleventh and twelfth grade students chosen by the Omaha North High School selection committee with the assistance of the faculty-at-large. Students must meet the following requirements:
- The student must meet the academic standards set by the constitution of the National Honor Society and earn at least a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or better.
- Membership is based on scholarship, character, service, and leadership to school and community. All students who have qualified academically will be rated anonymously by the faculty-at-large.
- A student who receives unsatisfactory or poor ratings will be reconsidered by the selection committee at a later date.
- Each member must maintain the standards of scholarship, service, leadership, and character that were used as a basis for the member’s election.
- Failure to abide by any of the above criteria may result in removal from the National Honor Society at Omaha North High School.