Who can participate?
- Athletics are for 7th and 8th grade students
- All athletes must meet requirements before and during the athletic season
Lewis and Clark Sport Seasons
- Fall Season (Beginning August 21st):
- Volleyball, Football, Cross Country
- Winter Season One (1st semester- Beginning October):
- Boys Basketball, Girls Swimming
- Winter Season Two (2nd semester- Beginning January):
- Girls Basketball, Boys Swimming, Wrestling
- Spring Season (Beginning March):
- Track, Girls Soccer, Boys Soccer
BEFORE YOU PLAY...
- Any 7th or 8th grader choosing to participate in a school-sponsored sport must have a current physical on file with the school nurse, RN.
- All physicals must be dated AFTER May 1st 2023
- Your physical MUST be turned in BEFORE you are allowed to try out, practice, or play.
- OPS offers physicals by appointment at any of the School-Based Health Centers. Cost for physicals are based on family income.
- All students MUST have medical insurance in order to participate in inter-school athletics.
- Parents/Guardians MUST provide Insurance Company Name and Policy Number.
- All middle school students participating in, or who plan to participate in sports, MUST maintain a passing grade in every class during that sport's season. OPS policy: "No pass, no play."
- Students MUST earn a 2.0 GPA each quarter in order to participate in sports for the following quarter.
- If students improve their grade status, then eligibility will be reinstated.
- Regular school attendance is REQUIRED in order to practice or play in sporting events:
- Students who are suspended, assigned to SSC, or are truant WILL NOT participate in sporting events on that specific date.
- Regular attendance is REQUIRED for ALL practices.
- Students who have more than 2 unexcused absences from practices will be excused from the team.
- Students who are absent from practice will not participate in the next sporting event or at the coach's discretion.
- Student athletes must display sportsmanship at all athletic practices and games to teammates, opponents, coaches, refs, and fans
- Students who have repeated violations of the OPS Code of Conduct, suspension, SSC, and other behavior concerns may be excused from the team
- Practice will conclude at 5:00 p.m. unless otherwise specified by the coach.
- After practice, students may do the following:
- Leave with their parents/guardian or walk home.
- Ride Late Bus if eligible.