BEFORE YOU PLAY...
- Any 7th or 8th grader choosing to participate in a school-sponsored sport must have a current physical on file with the school nurse, RN. Click here to get the physical paperwork.
- Your physical MUST be turned in BEFORE you are allowed to try out, practice, or play.
- OPS offers physicals by appointment at any of the School-Based Health Centers. Cost for physicals are based on family income.
- All students MUST have medical insurance in order to participate in inter-school athletics.
- Parents/Guardians MUST provide Insurance Company Name and Policy Number.
- All students MUST have a Lewis and Clark Activity Card in order to participate in inter-school athletics.
- Activity cards may be paid for through the main office.
Lewis and Clark Sport Seasons
- Season One: Volleyball, Football, Cross Country
- Season Two: Boys Basketball, Girls Swim
- Season Three: Girls Basketball, Boys Swim, Wrestling
- Season Four: Track, Girls Soccer, Boys Soccer
- All middle school students participating in, or who plan to participate in sports, MUST maintain a passing grade in every class during that sport's season. OPS policy: "No pass, no play."
- Students MUST earn a 2.0 GPA each quarter in order to participate in sports for the following quarter.
- If students improve their grade status, then eligibility will be reinstated.
- Regular school attendance is REQUIRED in order to practice or play in sporting events:
- Students must attend a minimum of a half day in order to participate in a sporting event.
- Students who are suspended, assigned to ISS/SSC, or are truant WILL NOT participate in sporting events on that specific date.
- Regular attendance is REQUIRED for ALL practices.
- Students who have more than 2 unexcused absences from practices will be asked to leave the team.
- Students who are absent from practice will not participate in the next sporting event or at the coach's discretion.
- Practice will conclude at 5:00 p.m. unless otherwise specified by the coach.
- After practice, students may do the following:
- Leave with their parents/guardian or walk home.
- Ride Late Bus if eligible. STUDENTS ARE REQUIRED TO SIGN UP DAILY.