- Integrated Learning Program (ILP)
Introducing the Omaha Public Schools Concierge Team
As Nebraska’s largest school district, we are stronger because of our 9,000 staff members. Our team arrives each day ready to serve the students of Omaha. We can all be proud of our focus on health and safety, academics and the well-being of students and staff. Still, we know this year’s normal looks nothing like what we’ve known before.
We’ve all seen news about shortages and disruptions affecting businesses across our country. We know those impacts can be seen and felt in Omaha and in our school district. Our Operations and Human Resources teams have been relentlessly focused on planning ahead, strategically staying ahead of disruptions and creatively recruiting the best candidates to work with our young people.
We’re writing to ask for your assistance – in lending your talent to our district or encouraging someone you know to join us. We need you. If you have five, 10, 15 or 20 hours a week we want you to join our concierge team. This team is paid and stands ready to assist with numerous non-instructional responsibilities. As a team member, you have the opportunity to support many schools as needed or maintain a relationship with one school in your neighborhood. The role could include any of the following:
- Lunch Time Partner: Overseeing and providing support to students during the lunch time hour.
- Classroom Partner: Assisting the teacher with necessary tasks in the classroom.
- Bus Aide Partner: Assisting our transportation staff by supporting our students.
- School Pride Partner: Assisting the school leadership team with special projects that foster pride and student success.
If you or someone you know are interested in the opportunity to be part of this team, please click here to learn more and apply.
Thank you for your support. Because of you, our district has been a local and national leader throughout these challenging times. With you, we know that will continue.