On Feb. 24, 2022, our Board of Education approved an update to our face covering requirements. Masks will be optional in our schools beginning Friday, Feb. 25, 2022. Those who wish to continue wearing a face covering are welcome to do so.
It is important to note our other, layered health and safety precautions:
- We encourage all eligible people to be vaccinated against COVID-19. This includes people due for a booster dose. We have hosted more than 175 vaccine clinics across our district. More vaccine clinics are scheduled in the weeks ahead.
- Enhanced disinfecting procedures will continue.
- Students and staff must continue to stay home if they feel ill.
- Isolation guidance following a positive COVID-19 diagnosis remains the same.
- School communication to staff and families will continue.
It is also possible that future public health requirements or case clusters could require an individual classroom or school to temporarily wear face coverings again.
We can all be proud of our district’s leadership throughout the pandemic. Focusing on health and safety, we have responsibly maintained in-person learning for students.
Thank you for your partnership through this important time.