United Way of the Midlands
Tollfree 2-1-1: 866-813-1731
Direct 2-1-1: 402-444-6666
2-1-1 provides callers with information about and referrals to human services for everyday needs and in times of crisis. For example, 2-1-1 can offer access to the following types of services:.
- Basic Human Needs Resources: food pantries, clothing closets, shelters, rent and utility assistance.
- Physical and Mental Health Resources: health insurance programs, Medicaid and Medicare, maternal health care, CHIP, medical information lines, crisis intervention services, support groups, counseling, substance abuse intervention and rehabilitation.
- Employment Supports: financial assistance, job training, educational programs.
- Support for Older Americans and Persons with Disabilities: adult day care, congregate meals, Meals on Wheels, respite care, home health care, transportation, homemaker services.
- Support for Children, Youth and Families: child care, after school programs, Head Start, family resource centers, summer camps and recreation programs, mentoring, tutoring, protective services.
- Volunteer Opportunities and Donation Services.