What is Advanced Placement (AP)?
- The opportunity for students to take college level courses in a high school setting and test for college credit.
- Instructors who are trained, dedicated, and successful in the instruction of AP curriculum.
- Students who will be taught the skills and concepts to be successful on the AP Exam as well as other college coursework.
- Students who develop the study habits necessary for rigorous coursework.
- Students who stand out in the college admissions process.
- Students who are willing to work and demonstrate their commitment to academic excellence.
- Students who assume the responsibility of reasoning, analyzing, and understanding for oneself.
Younger students in preparation for AP participation should enroll in the most challenging courses they can handle. We hope you consider participating in Buena Vista’s AP program. Please reach out to your counselor if you have any questions.