Common Student Experiences in OPS College & Career Academies and Pathways
- All students will experience a Freshman Academy and will engage in conversations with teachers and school counselors in selecting a program of study or pathway of interest without qualification criteria.
- World Languages, as well as Performing and Fine Arts opportunities will be accessible to all students, no matter what high school they choose.
- During their high school career, all students will engage in at least one virtual course.
- All students will have opportunities in Advanced Academics that could include: Cambridge, International Baccalaureate, Advanced Placement, Dual Enrollment and Seal of Biliteracy.
- All students will experience a rigorous college and career continuum (courses and experiences become more focused as a student progresses through their education).
- All students will experience STEM education.
- All students receive a liberal arts education through required coursework.
- All students will experience deeper learning by maximizing their time and content exploration/mastery with consistent implementation of block scheduling across the district.