Sample Student Plans
The Omaha Public Schools College & Career Academies and Pathways provides students with real-world career experience while maintaining the foundation of core classes and access to advanced academics, fine arts and electives. All students will attend core classes along with classes focused on their selected academy or pathway and have access to a variety of electives that suit their interests. Learn more and see sample schedules for students in various academies and pathways below.
- All students will experience a Freshman Academy and will engage in conversations with teachers and school counselors in selecting a program of study or pathway of interest without qualification criteria.
- World Language, as well as Performing and Fine Arts opportunities will be accessible to all students, no matter what high school they choose.
- During their high school career, all students will engage in one virtual course.
- All students will have opportunities in Advanced Academics that could include: Cambridge, International Baccalaureate, Advanced Placement and Dual Enrollment
- All students will experience a college and career continuum (courses and experiences become more focused as a student progresses through their education).
- Students will experience STEM education.
- Students will experience deeper learning by maximizing their time and content exploration/mastery with consistent implementation of block scheduling across the district.