About Jefferson Elementary
Jefferson Elementary School is located at 4065 Vinton Street, in south-central Omaha. The first Jefferson School opened its doors at 38th and Valley Street in 1924. A new Jefferson School, located at 39th and Grover, opened in 1938. The current Jefferson School opened in September of 1954. For years, Jefferson School used the current building and the 39th and Grover building for classes. The diverse student population includes children in kindergarten through sixth grade. In addition to regular classroom instruction, Jefferson Elementary School hosts a wide range of programs for children enrolled in English as a Second Language, and Special Education Resource and Speech Therapy. Parents and community members are actively involved and provide support for the school. The Jefferson staff is committed to placing children first.
We currently have approximately 550 students enrolled in Kindergarten through 6th grade. We are committed to providing students the highest quality education possible due to an outstanding staff. The instruction at Jefferson is designed to meet the individual needs of each student. We strive to challenge every student to reach his or her full potential in a safe, productive learning environment. Our environment is supported by a caring, professional staff and includes exceptional parental involvement and community partners accepting the responsibility to offer a quality education to all students. We are also committed in providing students and staff with the most up-to-date technology to enhance learning. Every teaching space has an interactive white board (Smartboard) LCD projector, digital presenter, and networked computers. In addition to a computer lab, we also have several mobile laptop computer labs. Students are using several computer programs to complement reading and math skills.