WELCOME TO THE CRESTRIDGE PTO
Crestridge Parent/Teacher Organization (PTO) welcomes new and returning students and their families back to school. Please feel free to contact us at any time with questions or suggestions. We look forward to working with you!
Volunteer to make a difference!
Please consider volunteering this year. We need you to make things happen!
President: Mandy Godwin and Kelly Houfek
Vice Presidents: Sarah Tripp
Treasurer: Bethany Cannon
Secretary: To Be Determined
Reasons to join Crestridge PTO
· Get to know the principal and your children’s teachers.
· Meet other Crestridge parents.
· Help shape your child’s education through PTO programs.
· Stay informed on school and district issues.
· Help Crestridge continue its tradition as an outstanding school.
How does the PTO help Crestridge?
· PTO coordinates Fall and Spring fundraisers to raise money for the school.
· PTO organizes community activities like the International Dinner, school activities (Fun Run, Mileage Club, etc.), and Community Night events (SkateDaze, etc).
· PTO helps pay for the field trips taken by all grade levels.
· PTO sponsors school assemblies, kindergarten round-up, and field day.
· PTO pays for open house, yearbook, room parties, refreshments and gear for safety patrol, and the sixth grade send-off celebration.
· PTO provides meals for teachers during parent-teacher conferences and Teacher Appreciation day.
· PTO coordinates the collection and redemption of BoxTops, Labels for Education, Hyvee receipts, and so many more fundraising opportunities.
Each year the PTO funds special School projects. PTO members decide how monies are spent. Here are some examples of our special school projects.
· Retirement gifts and acknowledgments for Teachers and/or Staff.
· Provide funding to teachers and other staff members for educational supplies.
If you have an idea for a school project please email us and let us know. Better yet, come to the next PTO meeting and present your request in person. We'd love to have you!
How PTO raises money
· Fall and Spring fundraisers
· Scholastic book fairs
· Carnival at Crestridge
· Box Tops for Education, Target RedCard 1% back (through May 2016), Labels for Education, Our Family Labels, Hyvee receipts (Sept-Dec only), Office Depot/Office Max Ink Cartridge recycling, etc.
· Membership fees: $5 individual and $8 family
PTO meetings are held the second Thursday of each month from 5:30- 6:30 pm in the Crestridge library. All Crestridge families are invited to attend.