- Oak Valley Elementary
Return to Headlines
Student and Staff Achievements - May 1, 2023
Omaha Public Schools is pleased to recognize the following staff and students for their academic, extracurricular and professional achievements.
- Adam Malmquist, Morton Middle physical education teacher, for earning the Kerrie Orozco Service award for his work with the Unified Games promoted by the Special Olympics.
- Susanne Cramer, Omaha Public Schools interim chief of school improvement, for winning the Can Do Hope Award from the Kids Can Community Center.
- Gilder Elementary sixth grader Brylee Bailey for receiving the Can Do Junior Award from the Kids Can Community Center.
- Dundee Elementary fifth grader Lauren Shedivy for receiving an Award of Excellence for her artwork from Audubon Society of Omaha’s Student Art Contest and Show.
- Our University of Nebraska Omaha Middle College students Barron Whitmore and Aurora Gunubu for receiving the Buffett Scholarship.
- All Omaha Public Schools students who were recognized at the 2023 Hispanic Academic Challengers of Excellence Awards.
- Lisa Utterback, student and community services chief officer, for winning the Kids First Award on behalf of Project Harmony.
- The Benson High JROTC Drill Team for placing in the National Competition at the Rocky Mountain National Drill Championship.
- All Omaha Public Schools students who placed at the Nebraska Junior Academy of Sciences 88th Annual State Science and Engineering Fair.
- Gabe Keith, Buffett Middle
- Maleyna Navarrette, Central High
- Azriel Carr, North High
- All Omaha Public Schools students who have been awarded Seals of Biliteracy from the Nebraska Department of Education and the Nebraska International Language Association.
- Alex Camacho, Central High
- Ashlee Patino, Bryan High
- Carter Eichler, South High
- Danae Lopez, Central High
- Jesus Molina-Bolanos, South High
- Julia Perez, South High
- Katie Valencia-Hernandez, South High
- Leslie Gallardo, Central High
- Samantha Gomez-Estrada, Bryan High
- Stephanie Guzman-Torres, South High
- Yazmin Islas-Lopez, South High