Walnut Hill Elementary is rich in history. The first Walnut Hill School building was built in 1888. The present building was constructed in 1926 and was located in a majestic walnut grove, from which our school's name was derived.
A modern facility in its day, Walnut Hill was built at a cost of $25,000 and boasted the first elementary school library in Omaha. Over the years, Walnut Hill has been renovated four times; once in 1953, again in 1964 and 1985. In 2004, due to continued growth in enrollment, an addition to the north side of the building was added, creating approximately ten new classrooms.