The District is recruiting current high school students to assist with reinforcing reading and math lessons for our elementary students. The District will be hosting NLL at 24 elementary sites across our city and has a goal of hiring a student intern for every classroom.
Please note, qualified students must be:
- 16 years or older by June 6th
- In good academic standing, with a 2.0 GPA or above
- Be a positive role model for younger children
Student Intern Program Benefits:
- Resume builder
- Classroom support for teachers during NLL
- Small group and one to one assistance in literacy and math for our elementary students
- Recruitment tool to encourage our students to consider teaching as a profession (or paraprofessional)
- Positive role models
- A regular and reliable work schedule
- Earn a wage in a positive setting
Click here for application link.
Please see Ms. Jackson for assistance and/or if you have any questions.