College & Career Ready
At Westview High School, our goal is to make sure that our students are ready for a variety of Post-Secondary options. This starts as soon as Freshman year. One easy way to get started developing your resume and your College & Career Readiness skills is to get involved. Being involved in extra-curricular activities, sports or clubs will help students by motivating them to perform academically, improving time-management skills and developing social skills.
Naviance is a district-supported program that will help students identify their interests through surveys and explorations, we encourage all students to take advantage of this program especially as they prepare to select their Career Pathway! Every 11th grade student will take the ACT, preparing early can help ensure students are meeting their goal score. Go online here to look into ACT prep options. Utilize online databases to find potential scholarships like Fastweb or Education Quest.
What can I do during my Freshman and Sophomore years to get myself College & Career Ready?
- Get involved in Leadership and Community Service - this will make you stand out on College and Scholarship Applications!
- Use Naviance to identify career interests
- Study for the ACT online
- Look into outside scholarships and research potential colleges
- Stay involved in Leadership and Community Service!
- Find shadowing opportunities for the careers you identified for potential interest
- Take the Pre-ACT and continue preparing for the ACT to get the best score possible
- Now that you have potential career interests, look into colleges with specialized programs