Omaha Burke Booster Club
Contact us: BurkeBoosterClub@gmail.com
- The Burke Booster Club was started in 1998 to provide assistance and support to Burke students
- There is a strong tie between positive behavior and education when a student is actively involved with athletics, clubs and other school sponsored activities
- The primary mission of the Booster Club is to raise funds and provide financial assistance for over 20 school sponsored activities which provides benefit to hundreds of students at Burke. Raising funds happens primarily in 4 ways:
1. Annual Booster Club membership sales (activity pass)
2. Staff the concession stands for Burke events as well as State Track
3. Burke apparel and blanket/stadium seat sales at home games and other open house events at Burke
4. Company specific sponsorships
Monthly Meeting and Volunteering
We are always interested in new ideas and member participation!
Meeting dates for the 2021-2022 school year are TBA
Volunteering is a great way to not only support Omaha Burke programs, but it also allows you to meet similar minded parents!
Distribution of Funds
Funds are distributed as follows:
1. Booster Club Wish Lists
In conjunction with the respective Coach or Sponsor, wish lists are fulfilled on an annual basis. As an example, for the 2020/2021 school year we fulfilled requests for over $17,000. Some items included were uniforms, practice gear, practice balls, warm-ups, technology needs etc.
2. Booster Club Scholarships
+ Every year the Booster Club awards four $500.00 scholarships to outstanding and deserving Burke students
+ The 2020 Booster Club scholarship award winners were:
- Lucy Parizek
- Michael Payne
- Jayda Starks
- Ivan Yabut
Omaha Burke Booster Club Board Members 2021-22
President: Eric Hanke Vice President of Apparel: By committee Vice President Concessions: Janet Kohll Vice President Membership: Amy Worden Treasurers: Dan Nielsen Secretary: Jennifer Willison Athletic Director: Jason Williams Activities Director: Kathy Lee
Omaha Burke and its students have been fortunate to have strong support from the Administration, parents, businesses and the Booster Club. We thank you for your on-going support of the Booster Club via your annual membership purchases and involvement with the other fundraising items. If you have an interest in becoming more actively involved please join us at an upcoming meeting or reach out to one of the current Board Members or by emailing BurkeBoosterClub@gmail.com.