Welcome to Jefferson Elementary,
Home of the Jaguars
Jefferson Elementary School is located at 4065 Vinton Street, in south-central Omaha. The first Jefferson School opened its doors at 38th and Valley Street in 1924. A new Jefferson School, located at 39th and Grover, opened in 1938. The current Jefferson School opened in September of 1954. For years, Jefferson School used the current building and the 39th and Grover building for classes. The diverse student population includes children in kindergarten through sixth grade. In addition to regular classroom instruction, Jefferson Elementary School hosts a wide range of programs for children enrolled in English as a Second Language, and Special Education Resource and Speech Therapy. Parents and community members are actively involved and provide support for the school. The Jefferson staff is committed to placing children first.