The Omaha Public Schools has a comprehensive, competency based Counseling program.
Classroom Group Guidance lessons are taught weekly in all grades.
The curriculum is centered in three domains:
Personal/Social, Academic/Educational, and Career/Occupational.
The district goal is that very student will be empowered to gain the knowledge,
skills and talents necessary for a lifelong academic, career, and personal success.
Building Your Child’s Self Esteem and Respect for Others
Building Positive Relationnships and Making Good Healthy Choices
Appreciate our Diverse Cultures
* Develop and demonstrate good listening skills
* Practice positive decision making skills
* Develop, create and implement goal setting strategies
* Develop and use study skills
* Identify and use basic time management skills
* Describe personal qualities necessary for getting and keeping a job
* Identify individual strengths and how they relate to the world of work
* Relate interests and abilities to occupations
* Describe how current learning relates to future career interests and aspirations
In addition each month Beals Elementary highlights one of the “Guidelines for Success” social skills.
Respect, Responsibility, Caring, Trustworthiness, Fairness and Citizenship.