Thanksgiving Web Hunt
*Click here for pdf worksheet!*
Directions: Click on the turkey icon below to hunt for the answers. Have fun!
1. Where do turkeys sleep?
2. When do turkeys gobble the most?
3. How fast can a turkey run?
4. How fast can a turkey fly?
5. Who wanted the National Bird to be a turkey?
6. What could happen if a turkey looks up when it rains?
7. What is the name of the ship the Pilgrims came to America on?
8. How many passengers did it have?
9. On what ocean did the Mayflower sail?
10. How long did it take to sail to Plymouth.
11. When did the Pilgrims first set foot on American Soil?(2nd paragraph)
12. How long did the first harvest festival (or Thanksgiving observance) last?
13. What year did George Washington proclaim a National Day of Thanksgiving?
14. Thanksgiving was finally sanctioned by Congress as a legal holiday. When is it?
15. What date is Thanksgiving this year? (3rd paragraph)
*When you are done with your Thanksgiving Web hunt, click here for Thanksgiving Activities!