Staff Development Mission
The mission of the Staff Development Office is to serve the teachers, administrators and support staff of the Omaha Public School District by supporting/providing growth opportunities to advance thinking and maximize employee development and job effectiveness. When employees develop to their fullest potential, student achievement increases.
The goals of the Staff Development Office are to provide staff with opportunities to:
- Promote training based on the interrelationship between staff development and organizational effectiveness.
- Provide opportunities for self-actualization.
- Ensure that students, teachers, the school and community benefit from professional development.
- Organize a continuous developmental program.
- Promote programs based on assessed needs, district goals, and programmed innovations.
- Develop programs based on sound theory, research and effective adult learning principles.
- Monitor an ongoing, multidimensional evaluation of professional development.
- Insure multicultural/nonsexist issues are addressed.
- Develop a strategic planning model.
- Serve as administrator for professional growth.