Student learning begins with staff learning:
We believe that student learning is encouraged and increased when all staff, through effective staff development, continue to learn.
The benefits of ongoing staff development are:
- student learning is improved
- students see positive role models for life-long learning
- students have improved attitudes toward learning
- students are better prepared to manage change
- staff are more effective in their roles
- staff work together to maximize use of resources for students
- staff feel valued and show commitment
- staff are flexible and adaptable
- we continue to attract and keep highly qualified staff
To be successful, we organize staff development based on the following principles:
- staff training improves student performance and meets organizational goals
- all staff, as life-long learners, share a personal responsibility for individual and organizational growth
- all staff are expected to be involved
- training is based on proven practice
- training is planned, ongoing, systematic, and sustained
- internal resources are valued and used effectively
- collaboration and trust are essential
- programs include rigorous evaluation and communication of results.
Working together to help our students be the best that they can be.